ZANTE


I have just got back from ZANTE!! (ok maybe i got back like a month ago but that is not the point) it was absolutely epic ...you might be able to spot me in this picture somewhere lathered in paint well because i am at a paint party not because i like to go on holiday to decorate ;). Anyway the University friends and I stayed at the Marios Hotel, which was further away from the main strip but was also very cheap and had HUNKY Eddie as the pool bar man, so that was my eye candy sorted. He was that kinda guy you loved to look at but didn't want to "go there" because you know he's riddled with something, basically a sexy Greek Slaaaag, but nonetheless made you forget what drinks you and your friends wanted/an excuse to go to the bar. My favourite drink there would be slush puppy mixed with ounces of vodka in it helped cool you down and at the same time mess you up and if i wasn't drinking them I was on the head fuckers, which was a green/blue drink that had every type of spirit in it hence the name, and believe me it does fuck you up. However with all that alcohol in me I still managed to pull of the rep look i dunno why but other people kept thinking i was a rep which meant in clubs and bars i managed to lie my way to cheaper drinks (which of course is a bad thing to do but shhh you would do the same). 

So whoever is reading this and think OMFG get me to Zante now here is a few tips on what to do when you get there:
  1. Your Reps are a major part of your holiday, you see them as soon as you get onto the transfer bus. The minute you get into your room, even though your tired and just want to sleep, through day at the pool side and even on your nights out. YOU MUST make sure they like you do not get on the wrong side of your rep, or you won't hear about the good deals, they won't involve you as much in the events and most importantly you won't get to meet other reps. Stick to the rules of the hotel and be your friendly self and you should be fine. Oh and agree to go to the Big Reunion (basically a festival at Butlins for club 18-30 customers). My group didn't want to go and our rep went in a mood with us for the rest of the day #studentlife ..we were lucky to afford the holiday never mind a Big Reunion.
  2. Events if you don't want to spend loads DON'T PAY FOR ALL THE EVENTS, like I stupidly did, the best events were paint party it was amazing (oh and wear a white top you don't love to that). Full moon party, and Zoo. I didn't make it to Carnage but i wish i had because everyone i spoke to about it said it was epic. Don't do what I did get all celebrity goggles and go to Gaz's pool party because it was rubbish and them 10 euros worth of free drinks only got me two drinks. I did meet Gaz and i even spoke to him and believe me the Geordie Shore star ain't all that, in fact i've had better conversations with my dog. Rant over.
  3. Food if you really want nice food that's english and cheap wait until your out on the strip the take away food is the best your going to get. Order a pizza from a restaurant and you'll get fried bread with a tomato on it ...no exaggeration i nearly fell out my seat when the waiter placed it in front of me. we didn't go back there again. If you are determined to go to a restaurant and have nice food, order Greek food it is delicious and made to a good standard. The best restaurant i went to was The Island which was just opposite our hotel, pretty convenient eyyy. Also never agree to a deal unless they tell you, you can have a free bar .. which means unlimited sex on the beach (for all you dirty minded people i meant the cocktail ..tut tut).         
Anymore questions about Zante feel free to comment. Or if you have any of your own advice comment as well i would love to read your stories. wanna see my zante pictures? follow me on instagram  rachaelcrompton 


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author