The Airshow Begins

One of the North East's biggest weekends has finally arrived, it's the Airshow, and it all started this evening. Oh and guess who happened to be there? Moi! 


Alice and myself amongst the Airshow fans.
The streets were packed with locals and tourists waiting for the show to start, sadly as it was far too foggy the planes could not fly over the excited crowds. So ironically the Airshow did not start in the air, but that did not cloud peoples moods. Whatup! whether reference booooyaaa.

I really wanted a Minion

My FIRST EVER Snow cone
As we walked up towards the main stage we found a stall that sold snow cones, I had never had one before and i simply just had to give it a go. Come on! they are in an episode of Friends and appear in the films Elf and Napoleon Dynamite, they had to be good. Although how good could a bit of crushed ice with syrup taste?! ...OMG it tasted amazing, i could have ran back for another one, but i thought £3 for a clump of ice was kind of pushing it. I chose three flavours Raspberry, Lemon & Lime and my favourite Bubblegum, i was shocked at how intense the flavours were, mannn i won't be settling for slushes anymore ive made a new icey cold friend.



I carried my new obsession to the main stage and enjoyed the rest whilst listening to a Beatles tribute band. The atmosphere was great and the people loved it, it's a shame i'm not a massive fan of the Beatles or i would have sung along. 

Foggy Seaburn Beach

I wish haha!
We then headed down to the beach to get the best view of the fireworks which were about start, and we found messages in sand left for the pilots flying over, some more appropriate than others. I decided to have a laugh and lie next to one of the ruder messages which was funnily caught on camera. I decided my message would be an advertisement for my blog uh hu i had my thinking cap on. However it wasn't screwed on tight as i've wrote the word geordie into sunderland sand wooops! don't think the locals are going to appreciate that. So my clever advert has probably been defaced, o well it was worth a try. 

Overall tonights event was great and it ended with a bang because of the fireworks ohhh punnned it damnnn i impress myself sometimes ha! So i'm wondering who else has been to an airshow? did you rate it? and where was it? Let me know!!! 




  




0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author